Dr Vishwas Mandlik of Nashik is awarded the Prime Minister's Award for outstanding contribution to promotion and development of yoga.
The selection was done from among 186 nominations received under different categories for the year 2018, the Ministry said in a statement.
Mandlik acquired in-depth knowledge of authentic Patanjali and Hatha Yoga, Bhagavad Gita and Upanishad by study and research of ancient scriptures over the last 55 years. In 1978, he set up first branch of Yoga Vidya Dham, which today has 160 centres in India.
1. Yoga Vidya Dham in 1972
2. Yoga Chintan (A periodical magazine on Yoga.)
3. Yoga Vidya Gurukul (University of Yoga) in Nasik, India.
4. Yoga Chaitanya Seva Pratishthan - A trust to help propagation of Yoga in remote part of India.
1. Expanded the network of Yoga Vidya Dham to more than 100 cities in India.
2. Successfully treated more than 13000 patients suffering from various diseases in our Therapy centre.
3. Presented more than 15 research papers in different International Yoga Conferences.
4. Beneficiaries more than 2,51,700 in last 20 years.
Such an honour and privilege to have attended both the Yoga Teacher Training Program In 2007, and then again in this photograph I’m completing the Yoga Therapy Diploma,2017 at the yoga university Yoga Vidya Gurukul, India, with Dr Vishwas Mandlik guiding us with his personal experience and lifetime pursuit of teaching yoga as a healing system.Read More